TPM Strategies in Manufacturing SMEs of Punjab - An Empirical Investigation
Keywords:Maintenance Management, Manufacturing Industry and Breakdown Maintenance
The strategy of maintenance management of the equipment of a plant is very useful for the effectiveness of manufacturing system processes. This study has been carried out in manufacturing SMEs (small-medium enterprises) of Punjab to assess the performance of maintenance management strategies and practices. Questionnaire approach followed by quantitative analysis has been employed to ascertain the importance level of different TPM strategies and practices involved maintenance management approach. Result indicated that manufacturing organizations are highly focused on breakdown maintenance for carrying out maintenance management activities.
How to cite this article: Singh J, Gandhi SK, Singh H. TPM Strategies in Manufacturing SMEs of Punjab - An Empirical Investigation. J Adv Res Qual Control Mgmt 2019; 4(2): 7-10.
2. Gomes CF, Yasin MM, Lisboa JV. Performance measurement practices in manufacturing firms: an empirical investigation. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management 2006; 17(2): 144-167.
3. Maggard BN, Rhyne DM. Total productive maintenance: a timely integration of production and maintenance. Production and Inventory Management Journal 1992; 33(4): 6-10.
4. McCarthy D. Lean TPM, UK: Butterworth Heinemann. 2004.
5. Oke SA. An analytical model for the optimization of maintenance profitability. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management 2005; 54,(2): 113-136.
6. Singh J, Singh H, Sharma V. Success of TPM concept in a manufacturing unit-A case study. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management 2018; 67(3): 536-549.
7. Singh J, Singh H, Singh I. SMED for quick changeover in Manufacturing Industry - A case study. Benchmarking. An International Journal 2018; 25(7): 2065-2088.
8. Singh J, Singh H. Enigma of KAIZEN approach in Manufacturing Industry of Northern India-A Case Study. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management 2018; 35(1): 187-207.
9. Singh J, Singh H. Continuous Improvement Strategies across manufacturing SMEs of Northern India-An Empirical Investigation. International Journal of Lean Six Sigma 2017; 8(2): 225-243.
10. Singh J, Singh H. Role of CI enablers for improving the performance of Manufacturing Industry of Northern India. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management 2014; 14(2): 179-195.
11. Patterson JW, Kennedy WJ, Fredendall LD. Total productive maintenance is not for this company. Production and Inventory Management Journal 1995; 36(2): 61-64.