An Approach towards Security for Cloud Environment with Regards to Botnet Attack
Keywords:Cloud Computing, Cloud provides Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Cloud computing is emerging as a legitimate alternative model for the sourcing and provision of digitized platforms for business organizations today. Cloud provides Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS) an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and promise reduced IT costs and complexity, combined with improved access and flexibility. Botnet is the collections of bots or collection of compromised computers that are remotely controlled by its BotHerder. The term ‘Bot’ is nothing but a derived term from “ro-Bot” which is a generic term used to describe a script or sets of scripts designed to perform predefined function in automated fashion.
Today’s Malware and Botnets are recognized as a global problem and therefore reside in a complex system with many dependencies. Millions of computer systems are infected with often multiple types of malware. These computer systems are organized in several hundreds of different botnets.
Hence the objective of thepaper is to implement or create a secure cloud computing environment against botnet attack.
2. Buyya R, Ranjan R, Rodrigo N. Calheiros Inter Cloud: Utility-Oriented Federation of Cloud Computing Environments for Scaling of Application Services. Springer LNCS, 2010.
3. Liang-Jie Z, Qun Zhou . CCOA: Cloud Computing Open Architecture. IEEE International Conference on Web Services, 2009.
4. Kandukuri BR, Ramakrishna Paturi V, Atanu Rakshit. Cloud Security Issues. IEEE International Conference on Services Computing,2009.
5. George Resse. Cloud Application Architecture. OReilly, 2009.
6. Buyya R, Yeo CS, Venugopal S. Market-Oriented Cloud Computing:Vision, Hype, and Reality for Delivering IT Services as Computing Utilities. HPCC, 2008.
7. Reddy VK, Reddy LSS. Security Architecture of Cloud Computing. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST) 2011.
8. Kamal Dahbur et al. A Survey of Risks, Threats and Vulnerabilitiesin Cloud Computing, ACM, 2011.
9. Bernd Grobauer et al. Towards Incident Handling in the Cloud: Challenges and Approaches, ACM, 2010.
10. Tyagi AK, Aghila G. A wide survey on botnet, IJCA,November 2011.