The Studies on Noise Level Variations in Hyderabad City
The Noise Pollution recognized as environmental problem as its impact both on community and environment is rapidly growing. The main source of Noise pollution in Hyderabad is Automobiles and Loudspeakers. The main objective of our study is to report about the existing noise environment in Hyderabad. We conducted study with in a time gap of six months for the same location and the impact of noise pollution with respect to the time is analyzed and is observed that the noise level has increased. The major adverse impact of noise includes interference with communication and disturb in sleep. The noise level must be reduced for better Health. Public education appears to be the most effective tool to control noise pollution. However Government and Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs) can also play a significant role in the process.
2. Jones, K. February 2010. “Environmental Noise and Health: A Review.” Civil Aviation Authority (UK). Environmental Research and Consultancy Department, ERCD Report 0907.
3. Janssen, S.A. and H. Vos,29 April 2009. “A comparison of recent surveys to aircraft noise exposureresponse relationships.”TNO-034- DTM-2009-01799.
4. Miedema, Henk M.E. “Annoyance Caused by Environmental Noise: Elements for Evidence-Based Noise Policies.” Journal of Social Issues 63, no. 1 (2007): 41-57.
5. Berry, Bernard. March 3, 2008. “Effect of Noise on Physical Health Risk in London Report on Phase 1 - Review of the Topic.” Berry Environmental Ltd. (BEL) Technical Report. BEL 2008 – 001, Version 2.0
6. The Interdepartmental Group on Costs and Benefits Noise Subject Group (IGCB(N)). July 2010. “Noise & Health - Valuing the Human Impacts of Environmental Noise Exposure”.(http://archive.defra.gov.uk/environ ment/quality/noise/igcb/documents/i gcn-noisehealthresponse100707.pdf Accessed January 21, 2013).
7. Swift, Hales. July 2010. “A Review of the Literature Related to Potential Health Effects of Aircraft Noise.” PARTNER Project 19 Final Report. Report No. PARTNERCOE-2010-003 (http://web.mit. edu/aeroastro/partne r/reports/proj19/proj19- healtheffectnoise.pdf Accessed January 21, 2013).
8. Passchier-Vermer, W. and W.F. Passchier, Environmental Noise, Annoyance, and Sleep Disturbance. Environmental Health Impacts of Transport and Mobility (Environmental Science and Technology Library Vol. 21), pp. 25- 38, P. Nicolopoulou-Stamati et al. (eds), © 2005 Springer. Printed in the Netherlands.