Analysis of Effect of Deposition Parameters on Thickness of Co-sputtered Titanium/Alumina Thin Film Using ANOVA
The aim of this article is to study the influence of deposition parameter on thickness of Titanium (Ti) - Alumina (Al2O3) thin film co-sputtered using magnetron sputtering technique on Stainless Steel grade 304(SS304) and Copper (Cu) substrates. Nanostructured thin film have been sputtered simultaneously from two targets (Ti and Al2O3) by Direct Current (DC) magnetron sputtering and Radio Frequency (RF) magnetron sputtering respectively without substrate heating. Though most engineering cutting tools are primarily manufactured from bulk material, thin film is often required for hardness, its adhesiveness and surface integrity control. This paper presents the result of an analysis of experimental investigation on thickness. The experiments have been carried out based on rotatable Central Composite Design (CCD) of experiments approach. The influence of deposition parameters viz. DCpower, RF Power and inert gas flow rate on thickness has been analyzedstatistically by ANOVA. It is established that DC power and RF power have been linearly significant. Contour plots of thickness have been developed for DC power and RF power.
. Douglas C Montgomery “Design and Analysis of Experiments” , fourth edition: Wiley India (P) Ltd
. KaukoLeiviska “Introduction to Experiment Design” University of Oulu ,Control Engineering Laboratory, 2013
. Thomas B Barker “Quality by experimental design”. New York :Marcel DeckkerInc
. Kuehl Robert O. “Design of experiments”USA:Duxbury;2000
. MasahikoNaoe,SatoshiOno, ToyoakiHirata“Crystal orientation in titanium thin films deposited by the sputtering method without plasma damage” Material Science and Engineering: A, Volume 134, 25 March 1991, Pages 1292-1295
. NishatArshi, Junqing Lu, Chan Gyu Lee, Jae Hong Yoon, Bon Heun Koo And Faheem Ahmed “Thickness effect on properties of titanium film deposited by d.c.magnetron sputtering and electron beam evaporation techniques” Bull. Mater. Sci., Vol. 36, No. 5, October 2013, pp. 807–812
Copyright (c) 2018 Journal of Advanced Research in NanoScience and NanoTechnology
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
We, the undersigned, give an undertaking to the following effect with regard to our article entitled
________________________________________________________________________________” submitted for publication in (Journal title)________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________Vol.________, Year _________:-
1. The article mentioned above has not been published or submitted to or accepted for publication in any form, in any other journal.
2. We also vouchsafe that the authorship of this article will not be contested by anyone whose name(s) is/are not listed by us here.
3. I/We declare that I/We contributed significantly towards the research study i.e., (a) conception, design and/or analysis and interpretation of data and to (b) drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content and on (c) final approval of the version to be published.
4. I/We hereby acknowledge ADRs conflict of interest policy requirement to scrupulously avoid direct and indirect conflicts of interest and, accordingly, hereby agree to promptly inform the editor or editor's designee of any business, commercial, or other proprietary support, relationships, or interests that I/We may have which relate directly or indirectly to the subject of the work.
5. I/We also agree to the authorship of the article in the following sequence:-
Authors' Names (in sequence) Signature of Authors
1. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
2. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
3. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
4. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
5. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
6. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
7. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
8. _____________________________________ _____________________________________
(I). All the authors are required to sign independently in this form in the sequence given above. In case an author has left the institution/ country and whose whereabouts are not known, the senior author may sign on his/ her behalf taking the responsibility.
(ii). No addition/ deletion/ or any change in the sequence of the authorship will be permissible at a later stage, without valid reasons and permission of the Editor.
(iii). If the authorship is contested at any stage, the article will be either returned or will not be
processed for publication till the issue is solved.