Six Sigma: Application for Health Management
Keywords:Six Sigma, Management, Quality, Health
The Six Sigma is an important tool for quality control and management. The application of Six Sigma can be seen in several fields such as engineering, health, environmental and education management. The specific application of Six Sigma in health center is very interesting. In this short paper, the authors specifically briefed on the application of Six Sigma in health management.
How to cite this article: Wiwanitkit V. Six Sigma: Application for Health Management. J Adv Res Qual Control Mgmt 2019; 4(1): 31-32.
2. Al-Shafei AI, Bin Abdulrahman K, Al-Qumaizi KI et al. Developing a generic model for total quality management in higher education in Saudi Arabia. Med Teach 2015; 37.
3. Cooley J, Stolpe SF, Montoya A et al. An Analysis of Quality Improvement Education at US Colleges of Pharmacy. Am J Pharm Educ 2017; 81(3): 51. doi: 10.5688/ajpe81351.
4. Haleem RM, Salem MY, Fatahallah FA, Abdelfattah LE. Quality in the pharmaceutical industry-A literature review. Saudi Pharm J 2015; 23(5): 463-9.
5. Kumar S, Kwong AM. Six sigma tools in integrating internal operations of a retail pharmacy: a case study. Technol Health Care 2011; 19(2): 115-33.
6. Castle L, Franzblau-Isaac E, Paulsen J. Using Six Sigma to reduce medication errors in a home-delivery pharmacy service. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 2005; 31(6): 319-24.
7. Lee JY, McFadden KL, Gowen CR 3rd. An exploratory analysis for Lean and Six Sigma implementation in hospitals: Together is better? Health Care Manage Rev 2018; 43(3): 182-192.
8. Westgard JO, Westgard SA. Six Sigma Quality Management System and Design of Risk-based Statistical Quality Control. Clin Lab Med 2017; 37(1): 85-96.
9. Westgard JO, Westgard SA. Six Sigma Quality Management System and Design of Risk-based Statistical Quality Control. Clin Lab Med 2017; 37(1): 85-96.
10. Tosuner Z, Gücin Z, Kiran T et al. A Six Sigma Trial For Reduction of Error Rates in Pathology Laboratory. Turk Patoloji Derg 2016; 32(3): 171-7.
11. Kuwaiti AA, Subbarayalu AV. Reducing patient’s falls rate in an Academic Medical Center (AMC) using Six Sigma “DMAIC” approach. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2017; 30(4): 373-384.
12. Gittner LS, Husaini BA, Hull PC et al. Use of Six Sigma for eliminating missed opportunities for prevention services. J Nurs Care Qual 2015; 30(3): 254-60.